Civil Legal Services are provided in protective order, divorce, custody, and other domestic relations matters to victims of domestic violence. Some of the legal services offered are:
- Interview and screen victims for Petition for Order of Protection Education and Assistance to complete and file a Petition for Order of Protection
- Affidavit of Violation and Notice of address (and/or telephone) change
- Application to modify, terminate or renew the order of protection from domestic abuse.
- Application of motion to / for Order of Protection
- Educate client on hearing process; what options they will have on presenting their case the day of the hearing, how to dress to court, what articles not to take to court.
- Accompany survivors to court to provide support through the hearing process.
- Coordinate legal advocacy and referrals for outside services for Order of Protection, Divorce, Child Support and Custody