Candidates contacted for interview will be required to complete official job description. Visit www.lacasainc.org to download application form.
Open: September 9, 2021 CLOSE: September 21, 2021 5:00 PM
Applications received after closing will not be accepted.
Position Summary: Manage fund development and fund-raising events and volunteer program; schedule, and coordinate staff and volunteers for fund-raising events, develop public outreach media/radio announcements, direct mail and social media campaigns to increase agency awareness and to inform general public.
Hours: As assigned, 8:30 am-5:30 pm Monday-Friday, on-call, weekends and off hours are required
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- As staff liaison to La Casa, Inc. Fundraising Guild, develop, implement and execute a robust fund-raising program with ongoing events to increase revenue to support resources and programs for residential and non-residential clients.
- Hold a chair position on a related community media committee approved by the CEO.
- Maintain and update donor database (Giftworks) and organize solicitations, newsletters and other communications with donors as needed for events.
- Send thank you letters to all La Casa donors (from all media: in person, email, phone, etc.).
- Develop relationships with potential individual donors and corporate partners for La Casa.
- Plan, schedule and lead the Annual Vigil for DV Awareness month and other organization- sponsored events, including staff events such as acknowledgements in coordination with HR of staff birthdays and work anniversaries.
- Work closely with departments to plan events that relate to domestic violence awareness.
- Act as point of contact on behalf of the organization for public relations on fund-raising and donation events, awareness campaigns, with media and with other agencies and organizations, as instructed by the CEO.
- Closely monitor and keep social media sites and website up to date with current events and campaigns.
- Develop and circulate awareness materials throughout the community.
- Develop formal published newsletters to the public through direct mail and email distribution lists.
- Create and manage annual giving campaigns and planned giving initiatives.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with departments on annual events such as the holiday toy drive, annual client holiday party and food basket drive. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work with departments to determine needs of clients and ensure all clients are included
- Obtain donations and organize resources for clients
- Utilize volunteers to organize food, gift wrapping, decorations, entertainment and other details are successfully implemented for all events
- Coordinate pick-up and tracking prizes, signs, shirts and other items.
- Set up and break-down of fundraising events and other outreach tabling events.
- Schedule and provide outreach presentations in the community as requested.
- Recruit, screen and provide orientation to volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer database and recordkeeping of volunteer information and hours.
- Facilitate volunteer training workshops in Las Cruces and in Anthony.
- Work collaboratively with directors to determine volunteer needs within their departments/programs and assign volunteers that most closely match needs to ensure positive volunteer experiences and good internal customer service.
- Supervise Volunteer Coordinator (VISTA Volunteer) and program volunteers.
- Work collaboratively with Facilities and Fleet Manager on donated materials and assigns volunteers to assist as needed and in delivery and set up of donated clothing, household items and other materials in donations area and to residential and non-residential clients in approved housing.
- Assign volunteers to department/program in partnership with staff needs.
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in planning cash needs and cash handling for events.
- Manages recordkeeping of all revenue and expenditures for events and reports out on the financial impact of event to the CEO.
- Submit monthly volunteer report to CEO and Finance Manager.
- Submit monthly donor report to CEO and Finance Manager.
- Work with front desk staff in Anthony and in Las Cruces on donor relations, tracking and customer service.
- Maintain adequate inventory of brochures, handouts and other related printed materials and videos needed for tabling and presentations.
- Attend meetings and provide feedback to the CEO as directed.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Stay abreast of and maintains ongoing professional development in best practices in fund-raising, event planning, and development of staff and volunteers.
- Attend seminars and training approved by the CEO.
- Ability to drive agency vehicles on a daily basis to project areas including all rural communities surrounding Sunland Park, Hatch, Anthony and Chaparral, NM.
- Cover one residential shelter shift quarterly and cover additional shifts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Promote excellent internal and external customer service at all times.
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines and maintain a neat, safe, organized workspace.
- Assist donors with unloading items into carts and pushing carts to outside donations area when needed.
- Pick up bags or boxes of donations from outside front area or lobby area to maintain clear paths.
- Aptitude for dealing with people; strong problem-solving abilities; emotional identification with others.
- Maintain strict confidentiality per agency policy.
- Demonstrate positive role-model leadership and work cooperatively with others.
- Model respect, understanding and appreciation for all people.
- Exhibit skills in comprehending, interpreting and supporting the organization.
- Ability to succeed in and contribute to a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure without losing sight of objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Business Management or related field.
- Experience: A minimum of two (2) years full-time experience with fundraising and donor relations, volunteer programs and event planning in a non-profit environment, including at least one (1) year full-time experience in supervision and directing the work of others.
- Substitution of education/experience: Is allowed on a one for one year basis.
- Language: Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record. Driving is a daily requirement, must maintain satisfactory driving record.
- Other: Post-offer drug/alcohol screen, TB test and background check.
Warm, empathic, and non-judgmental with demonstrated ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients and staff.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Following CDC guidelines for wearing masks, frequent handwashing, sanitize common areas on scheduled basis. Candidates cleared for hire will be required to have COVID vaccination or qualified exemption and provide negative COVID-19 test.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- FT exp with volunteer programs and event planning: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervising the work of others: 1 year (Required)
- fundraising and donor relationship: 2 years (Required)
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations