La Casa continues to respond to the COVID-19 panedemic so that we can continue helping clients while doing everything we can to keep staff, clients and their families safe.
We are still serving clients and want everyone in need to reach out.
Call us anytime at (575) 526-9513.
Receiving services, including housing in our shelter facilities, is not dependent on vaccination status. However, we do provide information and support so that clients can utilize available COVID-19 resources. This can include:
- Information about vaccination and coordination of transportation for vaccination appointments
- Testing of clients who have symptoms or have been in contact with someone that is COVID positive (on-site or at another facility).
- Printed information about COVID-19.
- We encourage disclosure of contact so contact tracing can be done in a way that ensures confidentiality and keeps all residents safe.
Keeping the Environment Safe
We are disinfecting our shelter utilizing a third-party vendor on a monthly basis and our staff disinfects every 2-3 hours (and sometimes more often if common spaces are more frequently utilized).
Staff currently provides meals directly to clients’ rooms to avoid groups of people being too close together in the dining area.
Social distancing and masks (properly worn) are required within the shelter and these rules are enforced. The only exception is when a client is in their own room.
Clients are encouraged to limit outings. We are not allowing overnight visits at this time due to the risk of infection due to contact with outside individuals.
We have implemented a comprehensive COVID-19 Safe Work Practices Policy for our staff and HR has conducted multiple training sessions since the pandemic began. The policy is updated as needed to reflect CDC guidance and state public health orders.
- Daily self-checks to ensure each staff member is feeling well and not experiencing symptoms.
- Staff members remaining at home when ill and quarantining per guidelines. A negative COVID-19 test is required prior to return to work.
- Staff members who may have been exposed are to quarantine and may work from home through quarantine.
- Logging in and out when entering and leaving the building.
- Wearing masks at all times when in the office, except when alone in a private office.
- Sanitizing common areas following use and sanitizing office area when leaving for the day.
Staff members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates for hire are required to provide proof of vaccination prior to hire.
Staff from several departments recently completed training from the New Mexico Department of Health to administer rapid COVID-19 tests to staff members and/or clients who report symptoms. Results are available in 15 minutes.